1. It's just as important to appeal to the eye as to the palate when serving food.
2. French women don't get fat because they walk (or bike) everywhere.
3. Flowers are not a luxury, but a necessity.
4. It is important to say bonjour, merci, S'il vous plait and au revoir to EVERYONE (hello, thank you, please and goodbye) or as my mother used to say, 'it never hurts to say howdy to anyone.'
5. Eat real food, real sugar, real butter, real full fat, but don't eat too much.
6. Make sure you have a good pair of walking shoes that are NOT athletic shoes. Athletic shoes are for the gym and sports. Flats and boots are for city and town walking every day.
7. There is no outfit that a scarf cannot improve. This applies to both men and women.
8. If you need a mid afternoon pick up, grab an expresso.
10. Well behaved, leashed dogs should be welcomed in stores and office buildings.
11. The patina of age only adds to the beauty of everything and every face. Embrace it!
12. Spend time in cafes watching the world go by and talking to friends.
13. There's more to life than production, consumption and accumulation. Value experiences over things.
15. A fried egg is delicious on salad greens. It sounds unlikely, but really, one of the best lunches I had was in Lyon, a salad topped with a beautiful fried egg. Bon!!!!!